Sunday, August 29, 2010

Swimming, schnauzer-style.

I laughed out loud last week while watching my five-year-old niece swim. When she jumps from the diving board and goes under, I hold my breath with her. I tense up. But she always wrestles her way to the surface, and then to the safety of the side. It's like watching a Schnauzer get across a pool. Sometimes I'll see only hair plastered across a face poking up through the water, and sometimes only a tiny nose above the water line. Fatigue occasionally pulls her under, but fierce will always hauls her back up again. I see only struggle. I think she sees success.

I bet that's what I look like to others when I'm going through something tough. We don't have to do it perfect, or even pretty. However we get there is the right way to look. Even if we look like a Schnauzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment